We are always looking for new Dealing Representatives. A career with VIRTUS CAPITAL MANAGEMENT could be exactly what you are looking for.
Working with Virtus Capital Management (formerly STEVLOC)
We provide our Dealing Representatives with the training and support that they require, helping them build a successful investment practice.
Role Description - Dealing Representative
- Build a book of investment business through sales and marketing efforts including direct marketing, referral relationships with other professionals, social media, seminars, etc.
- Develop and maintain expert knowledge of the firm’s products and those of its strategic partners. Use this knowledge to match suitable products and services with investors’ financial circumstances, needs and objectives.
- Develop a thorough understanding of each investor’s financial and investment situation, needs and goals. Display good judgment in recommending investment solutions that address the specifics of each investor’s unique profile.
- Provide service to investors by offering advice, expertise in private debt and equity markets, and portfolio recommendations based on the investor’s tolerance for risk and the suitability of investment offerings to meet their needs.
- Act ethically and honestly and in a manner that complies with industry and company rules, regulations, procedures and policies
Skills, Experience & Education
- The desire and ability to build a book of investment business based on trust, integrity, knowledge and long-term relationships.
- Superior communication, sales and service skills
- Interest and commitment to remaining current on market conditions and industry news and trends.
- Ability to work with minimal direct supervision.
- Strong work ethic and motivation to build a business.
- A grade twelve (12) education supplemented with the Exempt Market Proficiency course (EMP) or Canadian Securities Course (CSC) are requirements. The EMP and/or CSC can be taken prior to joining.
Benefits to you, the advisor:
- Compensation. Competitive performance driven compensation packages.
- Freedom. To build your business according to your goals, beliefs and lifestyle.
- Respect. At Virtus Capital Management, we value your commitment and support to your clients. Our leadership team will provide support in your business building endeavors. You will be treated with professionalism and integrity.
Benefits to your client:
- Unique investment products and diversification opportunities.
- Access to full asset management at a low cost.